Friday, July 12, 2013

the taste of fall

it's mid-July, but I tasted fall today...

you know how sometimes a certain smell, or sound, music, or taste, can make you feel like you are in another time...or season?

this morning, as I was walking to my car from starbucks, on the way into work, it was a cool 65 degrees with a breeze, I took a sip of my iced vanilla latte and I felt fall.... almost a skip a heartbeat feeling....

summer is fun and spring is pretty,
winter is tucked in, but on top of the leaf pile is amazing fall.

I love fall.

the air, the season, everything about it....
it is always a time of creativity, and nesting, and homespun inspiration for me. baking, and secrets, back to school and sports games....

love it....

today as I savored my moment of fallness, I felt its good. Its all good.

I was thinking of my dad, "papa" to my kids. 

I had just shared a bit about him with someone....
this someone, not knowing papa, having never met him, still listened in respect and kindness and blessed him. :)

blessed papa already over there....

and a few minutes later, as I tasted fall....my heart ached fresh at missing him. We may get on with life, on this side papa, but you are carried around in my heart, as you are living life on that side.

so much about your time on this side I cherish...fondly handle in my mind, turning it over again...smiling bittersweet.

It's ok to have tears and touch the lovespots like bruises...tender.

love you papa...loved fall with you....

and I pray their are seasons in heaven....so we can love some more falls together....
hey, wouldn't it be awesome if it was fall all the time there?

0 Things Others Said: