Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Can't Sleep..



I can't sleep and I have to be in the office by 7:00 am in the morning. I am going to hate it. Waaaa. So I will post a bunch of pictures of yawns and see what that does for me.
Recognize one of those as one of my kiddos? Lower right is a tired Tadpole.
So Bible Study was awesome tonight. It was session 3 of Beth Moore's "A Woman's Heart, God's Dwelling Place." and it was profound. I cannot even explain the section on God being with us, but it just resonated, and lit my lights. :O) Epiphany! I love when God shows Himself new to me.
So I had an adrenelin rush today. I got an email that I interpreted to say that my court date for Olivia Mame was tomorrow. I cried, I giggled, I cried some more and was giddy. And even mailed folks, posted a message, and announced it on my yahoo group, only to find out, I misunderstood. Oh dopey me! Felt stupid.
What is interesting about it though, is, when I thought it was true, I felt panicky! I need more time to save up money for plane fare, and I am just now understanding that Mary has some attachment challenges, I need a month with her, before I take on another...and..
Any way, when I found out my error, I was not as upset as I could have been. It felt like, yep, God knows what He is doing. He knows the time I need.
So the real deal, is my papers get filed in court tomorrow so I can get a court date assigned. I was told the date would be around 5 weeks out, with travel 3-4 weeks after that.
That timeframe makes more sense.
Tadpole is on my heart, if you will lift a prayer for him, that his faith would be strong. He says he wants to believe that Jesus is in his heart, but he is afraid that he isn't. All my logic and talking does not remove his fears and sadness. He says things like, I won't be in heaven with the rest of you, I want to, but I just can't make myself. He even says he does believe in Jesus, and believe God forgives our sins, but that he just doesn;t beleive he (Taddy) really meant it when he asked Jesus in his heart and if he really did not mean it, then Jesus would not have come in Kind of complicated for an 8 year old. Please pray for his faith, and mommy;s wisdom.
Mary asked if all people were going to heaven when they die. I said, only those who asked Jesus in their heart. Then she said, Have I asked Jesus in my heart? She had when she was 3, but I do not think she truly understood at that age. I wanted to ask her then and there if she would like to, but before I could, Taddy had started his conversation about him not being in heaven with us..etc..and we did not get it finished and back to Mary';s question.
So I praise God for kids that are hungry to know about God and about their own spiritual well-being. I praise God for the opportunities along the way to talk about it, that it is as natural to us to talk about God and life in God and heaven as it is to talk about school, and play and life. It is all wrapped up together. Thank you Lord.
My greatest ministry, offering, legacy, is my children;s hearts committed to God. Lord, help them to all fall passionately in love with you. Reveal yourself to Taddy, and Mary, Nick and Olivia...and me Lord.
You are our emmanuel, God with us. You are our with!







0 Things Others Said: