Monday, October 06, 2008

Shadow...

Yesterday Mary and I were walking from the parking lot to church. The sun was on our left side, casting our shadows to the right. She being eager and independent, did not want to hold hands and would charge out in front of me...or get distracted and lag behind.

Wanting her to stay close, and noticing her shadow, I told her she needed to walk so close to me, that our shadows were one. That her shadow was lost in my shadow. She thought that a fun game and could easily self-correct if she went too far head and too slow behind.

Last night, I realized that is the same with God. If I will keep my shadow within His shadow, I have nothing to worry about. But I often go charging ahead, lagging behind, or totally off in a different direction.

I need to remain in Him. My shadow remain in His shadow. I am not so cantakerous today. Last night I spat out all the sand and once again, started drinking from the fountain. God is good.

"He who dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide in shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." Psalm 91: 1,2

He is our "with" , Emmanuel, longing to ever be with us. He will never leave us or forsake us.

0 Things Others Said: