Tuesday, October 28, 2008

What I read this morning....


"Masters, provide your slaves with what is right and fair, because you know that you also have a Master in heaven." Col 4:1

Masters: Greek: kurios from the word kuros, which means "supremacy". he to whom a person or thing belongs, about which he has power of deciding; master, lord

Provide: Greek: parecho to reach forth, offer, to show, afford, supply, to be the authors of, or to cause one to have

Slaves: Greek doulos servant, bondman, attendant

Right: Greek dikaios upright, righteous, virtuous, keeping the commands of God , innocent, faultless, guiltless ,used of him whose way of thinking, feeling, and acting is wholly conformed to the will of God,

Fair: Greek isotes equality, equity, fairness, what is equitable

Know: Greek eido to perceive by any of the senses 1c) to perceive, notice, discern, discover, to have regard for one, cherish, pay attention to

Ok...now that we have had our little Greek lexicon lesson....hear are my thoughts.

This morning I woke up sleepy. Stayed up too late reading..and yet was reminded again, in my last nights novel reading, how important it is to DAILY drink from the word of life. So...hitting the snooze button (was it two or three times) I KNEW I did not have much time. Yet, did not want to skip.

So I jumped to my marker (of where I am reading the Bible backwards) and read Colossians 4:1. Masters, provide your slaves with what is right and fair, because you know that you also have a Master in heaven.

Ok, well, hmmm. I am not really a master of slaves, have no servants, and well, I am not even a manager of people in my current role at work. So great principle...be right and fair.... now I have to get ready for work...

<> what a fine slurp that was....did I even let the straw touch my lips?

But mulling it over in the drive into work, and then at a break, I thought...well, in a sense...I am "master" of my family, my children, and I need to be right and fair to them. Good goal. Be right. Be fair. I will try.

hmmm. That would mean even in those times when I don't feel like being anything...too tired, don't want to deal with it...this is a little tough. Yet, I know God's grace is sufficient for my lack.

Then...I thought..hmmm. It doesn't say BE right and fair..it says PROVIDE what is right and fair. Be is kind of passive. I will just sit here and BE fair, right, but oh, don't make me lift a finger. I am just being.... Provide, however, is more active...doing. So I decided at lunch I would look up the Greek words these phrases were translated from and see what might be a bit under the surface...thus our lexicon lesson.

So first, as a "master" God has given me some "things". these wonderful children...for this time and season they belong to me and I am the decision maker for them, God has given me that power and authority. So, yes this verse DOES pertain t ome and my children.

And in that role, he does not call me to be passive, but calls me to take action, to reach, supply, do whatever it takes to cause my children to have......

what is right and fair....what is wholly conformed to the will of God equally to all my children.

WOW~! A home life, a mother, an environment, activities, influence that is wholly conformed to the will of God. And equally...not when this one is charming and that one is obeying and this one doesn't rub me the wrong way.

Lord and Master in heaven...this is beyond my capability. Your ways are so high and my flesh is so weak.

And not just to think about this today, and walk away and forget....but to percieve with my senses that my Lord, the one I belong to, the one who has the power of decision over me...is in heaven and He sees.

Not just a He sees, so He can THUMP me when I am wrong, but He sees and pours out in me..His lavish love in my heart, to equip me with all I need to provide what is wholly His will for my children, equally.

Does not God's word send us running back to His feet? Pour your Spirit in me, fill me to it spills over. I cannot do this in my own nature. Only being connected and full of you can cause me to even attempt to live out this verse.

Lord for me to provide that which is wholly in your will for my children, I FIRST must be there. Bring me there. Search my heart, if there is any way in me, around me, with me, that is not pleasing to you...change me.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
That is what I read today...

0 Things Others Said: