Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I will meet you at the table...

Tables.... are so inviting. We gather around them in the evening with our families, or on occasions with friends.

We eat there, play games, make something crafty, finish homework, chat and perhaps even work.

I heard a song this morning by Sara Groves ...Going Home.

And it just drew my spirit and my soul...

It reminded me of the book by Mark Buchanan Things Unseen, where he talks about our longing for something beyond here. That a craving for eternity is within us. At times we here whispers, a melody of this place. In her song, she says: "I'll meet you at the table."

Think. We are going to sit across the table with Jesus. And those we love who are in Him and gone on before and those who will come after us, will all pull up a chair. It will be the greatest feeling of "home" that we have ever experienced.

Below are the words to Sara's song...and a link to a youtube version of it. (The pictures on the youtube video are not hers. Someone picked pictures and put her song to it.)

Going Home by Sara Groves

I've been feeling kind of restless.
I've been feeling out of place.
I can hear a distant singing,
a song that I can't write,
but it echoes in what I'm always trying to say.

There's a feeling I can't capture.
It's always just a prayer away.
I want to know the ending,
things hoped for but not seen,
but I guess that's the point in hoping anyway. .

Going home,
I'll meet you at the table.
Going home,
I'll meet you in the air.
You are never too young to think about it.
Oh, I cannot wait to be home .

I'm confined by my senses
to really know what you are like.
You are more than I can fathom,
more than I can guess,
and more than I can see with human sight. .

But I have felt you with my spirit.
I have felt you fill this room.
This is just an invitation,
a sample of the whole,
and I cannot wait to be going home.

Going home,
I'll meet you at the table.
Going home,
I'll meet you in the air.
You are never too young to think about it.
Oh, I cannot wait to be home .


Face to face how can it be?
Face to face how can it be?
Face to face how can it be?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=dHAZz6HqJ8U

0 Things Others Said: