Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve..


it came....every year, something happens, that makes true Christmas come in my heart...and it just came.

All the kids are in bed, Mary already sleeping, Nick and Tad trying really hard to fall asleep, so Santa can come, wearing new flannel Pjs momma made for them, sleeping on new Christmas pillowcases. I turned out the boys light, tucked them in, snuggled with prayers.

A few minutes later, I could hear Nick reading something outloud to Anthony. I could only catch a word here and there, but since it was going on a while, I crept to their door to listen.... Nick was reading Luke chapter 2, to Tadpole. No Santa stories, no present guesses, no jingle bells...but rather "the glory of the Lord shown round about them".

My heart swelled within me. He finished with, hey, this is the verse I just memorized at school..

"For my eyes have seen your salvation, which you have prepared in the sight of all people, a light for revelation to the Gentiles and for glory to your people Israel." (Luke 2: 30-32)

I need no other gifts, nothing wrapped or made. This is the best gift to a momma's heart, boys who make sound effects, have pillow fights, are loud and rowdy, and then settle down into the excitement which is Christmas and are drawn to the true word of God declaring our most wonderous gift. God sets eternity in the hearts of men. Thank you Lord....

After he finished reading by flashlight, I heard Nick sing:

"O come O come Emmanuel, and ransome captive Israel..."

Yes Lord, come. Christmas has come.

Merry Christmas everyone.

0 Things Others Said: