Monday, April 27, 2009

I wish....

Today I am motivated by wishes. I heard the song on the radio this am, (see video below) and as I was driving I started thinking of some of the things I wish....and thought I would list them:

I wish I would pass court in Ethiopia, THIS WEEK.

I wish I had more flowers in my yard and automatic sprinkling (that worked).

I wish Beth Moore would release a new Bible study. :)

I wish I was better (more disciplined) financially.

I wish I was better at the whole planning and preparing meal thing. Struggle, struggle.

I wish I was 10 lbs lighter, ok 20. (25).

I wish more families would open their heart to adopting a child.

I wish I had a little less clutter in my house (ok a lot).

I wish more families would consider investing (sacrificing)to put their children in Christian schools.

I wish I could help with a wise word that would just "fix" things for my friends that are struggling with issues with their children. (me too)

I wish I could whisper in every single mother's ear: "You can do it. You'll make it. Hang in there and hug alot."

I wish I could whisper in every momma's ear, single or married: "They are so worth it. Keep it up. You are making a difference. This is what it is about."

I wish I could help my children see what a relationship with Jesus is really about, that they would experience it for themselves, deeply, truly, profoundly.

I wish life was simpler.

What do you wish?

PS. My wishes don't dismay me, or cause discontent. I turn my wishes to prayers and rest in the Father's hands.





I Wish, by Point of Grace

I wish I didn't feel so helpless
I wish I didn't act so selfish
I wish I didn't wring my hands night and day
My hair was a little bit smoother
My jeans fit a little bit looser
And I always knew the right things to say
And I wish I wouldn't hide
what's been going on inside
And I wish you wouldn't get scared and run away

Chorus
I wish I was doing better
With all the things that matter,
I guess I got some learning to do
I wish everyone had someone
To hold em and to love em
The way I'm always gonna love you
I wish wishes came true

I was there was a cure for cancer
I wish somebody had an answer
And all God's children, never got hurt

I wish Eve never bit that apple
You men never went to battle
And I didn't get so mad at the world

I wish I was more like Jesus
And could pick up all the pieces
And make a better life for my baby girl

Chorus

I wish I was doing better
With all the things that matter,
I guess I got some learning to do

I wish everyone had someone
To hold em and to love em
The way I'm always gonna love you

I wish wishes came true

For everything I am wishing
I know someone up there is listening
So, I say my prayers when I go to bed
Ahh, ahh, ahh
Oh pray my wishes come true

Chorus

I wish I was doing better
With all the things that matter,
I guess I got some learning to do
I wish everyone had someone
To hold em and to love em
The way I'm always gonna love you

I wish wishes came true
I know wishes come true
I wish, I wish
setup_params();

4 Things Others Said:

Shannan Martin said...

Thank you for this! I love it. And thanks for deciphering and giving meaning to my random numbers. It all makes so much sense now! :)

Also - Are you really adopting from Ethiopia???!?!?!?!? We are trying to decide between Ethiopia and South Korea.

Enjoy this Monday!
-Shannan

crispy said...

Beautiful thoughts. What a comfort to know that God knows all those wishes.

thekreativelife said...

Wonderful inspiring post! Love your list, the song and those lyrics! Makes me want to make a list of my own . . . I may just do that this week! ; )

God Bless!

Lisa Bates said...

Your wishes and your prayers are being heard.