Thursday, May 28, 2009

Reminders...




God has been giving me a lot of reminders lately. A big one came in sharing some thoughts with a friend from my past. God reminded me who I am and what I am about.... The Brandon Heath Song, I'm Not Who I Was...just reminded me of it so clear.

God has been using authors and songwriters in my life for years to bring me on, or remind me yet again of my life in Him. I thank God for those who at a point in time feel the annointing in their Spirit, maybe not even knowing that is what it is, and write a song, or author a book that years later, time and again, God uses to set afire another's soul. Brandon Heath, Sara Groves, ZoeGirl, Chris Rice...just to name a few artists. And author's Beth Moore, Mark Buchanan, Gary Thomas, Brother Lawrence...again just a few, who have strongly spoken to me and taken me a step deeper with God.

I am reminded and thankful.

This morning I did a page in my devotional book, (Beloved Disciple, by Beth Moore) and it was talking about Paul, and how 14 years later he went back to Jerusalem and Peter and John extended "the hand of fellowship" to Paul because they saw the grace of God on his life. It talked about how we can disagree with another believer in Christ on some points, or have different styles or be called to different areas of ministry, but as we see the grace of God on their life, we still can extand the hand of fellowship. And I started thinking...what is my ministry, my calling? I recently stepped down from leading women's Bible Studies, to focus on my family.

And I have been wondering, if I have been spending too much time focusing on myself. :) Is my ministry my children or is there more? And I just prayed that Abba would show me the path He wants me to follow.

Then driving to work, a Chris Rice song just brought me to tears and joy and fire.... One I have heard many times (especially since I own the CD) and just speaks so strongly to me. I think it is called "Go Light Your World". And it talks about every soul having a candle that the Holy Spirit desires to light. And many of us (me for so many years) have bought into a lie or been robbed of what God would have for us, by believing the world's empty promises, or man's confused philosophies, or pursue other interests to try to light a flame in our life.

I have found in my own life, that I can, for years, continue on those attempts to light my own flame, alternating with times of confusion, and heartbreak. And I too, know truly from experience, God CAN light that flame. It has been empty words without truth to me in the past, and then, I don't why it happened when it did, but through desperately coming to God and having His word in my hand, He re-lit my flame, that I had let almost die out.

So I don't know what God has planned for me and my little family, but "we are a family whose hearts are blazing" and we will "raise our candles ... and in the name of Jesus [be] a beacon in darkest times."....however He leads, as long as we live.


Enjoy...and be reminded...so many need the flame we have....believer and unbeliever alike...need their soul set aflame with God, our all consuming fire! Thank you Chris, Thank you Abba.


Go Light Your World by Chris Rice



There is a candle in every soul; some brightly burning, some dark and cold
There is a Spirit who brings a fire Ignites a candle and makes His home

So carry your candle, run to the darkness
Seek out the helpless, confused and torn
Hold out your candle for all to see it
Take your candle, and go light your world
Take your candle, and go light your world


Frustrated brother,
see how he's tried to light his own candle some other way
See now your sister,
she's been robbed and lied to still holds a candle without a flame


So Carry your candle, run to the darkness
Seek out the lonely, the tired and worn
Hold out your candle for all to see it
Take your candle, and go light your world
Take your candle, and go light your world


Cause We are a family whose hearts are blazing
so let's raise our candles and light up the sky
Praying to our Father, in the name of Jesus make us a beacon in darkest times

So Carry your candle, run to the darkness
Seek out the helpless, deceived and poor
Hold out your candle for all to see it
Take your candle, and go light your world
Carry your candle, run to the darkness
Seek out the hepeless, confused and torn
Hold out your candle for all to see it
Take your candle, and go light your world
Take your candle, and go light your world
Take your candle, and go light your world



0 Things Others Said: