Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Ode to Summer (Unwrapped)

When is summer over?

My kids keep asking me that. Especially Mary.

Way back in my day (ancient times) school did not start until after Labor Day. That marked the end of summer. School for my children started in Mid-August and temperatures have been in the upper 90's and 100's still. Heard there is more hot air coming this week.

So I don't know when summer is over, officially. Since we are past Labor Day, I guess one way or another, it is over for us. So, like another blogger I saw, I want to chronicle a bit about this summer.

It was a cherished one full of good times and blessings unwrapped.


















































5 Things Others Said:

Dawn said...

once school starts, my kids believe that summer is OVER! but yes, the heat continues, and it is still summer for me until november!! looks like your summer was full of wonderful times and great memories

Richella Parham said...

What a beautiful family you have! I am glad to see that you have a blessed summer. Thanks for sharing your memories.

Jo said...

So much summer, so little time! From the looks of it, you've had a beautiful, fun summer! Thanks for sharing it here!

emily freeman said...

The song Lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer is in my head right now after browsing through your photos. Summer already seems like a long time ago around here!

dawn said...

I know...when does summer officially end? We are in the same boat--a few weeks into school and warm weather.

Looks like your summer has been filled with memories.

Now, someone tell me when the fall decorations should go up?