Wednesday, January 20, 2010

What Camera do you use?


I will soon be in the market for a new camera. (Digital) and want to go above the normal point and shoot that I buy and break each year....
So I would love to know what camera's folks use and why they like that one.....
PS. Besides the comments, here are some of the responses I am getting...

i have two - 1. point and click: canon powershot sd1100- this one is great because it is small and easy to throw in my purse- takes great pictures and can do movies-the bad thing is no good zoom 2. canon poweshot s3 - great zoom, movies, changable lenses, great flash, takes regular batteries and better mega pixels- it is just bigger so not as easy...(tharr be more) Peer into the depths to take aroundi have had the first one for about 2 yrs and the second one for 4 1/2 so they last much longer and i take a LOT of pictures- so good quality on both too,
Depends on what you want to do. We always buy from costco as they have really great deals and if anything goes wrong, back it goes. Do you want compact? SLR? fast? video? 30FPS? Plan to blow up pictures? You need to narrow that down and that will narrow your scope. We bought a canon that Leah likes and it can go in her purse. Small, has awesome video and great all around. Great brainless camera, but has a lot of options for the amateur as well.
I buy a new camera every time I add a child. Before ... came home I got a Canon Powershot and really disliked it (however, I could have messed up the settings and maybe they just need correcting). ... I have replaced it with a Nikon D40 and I absolutely love it! I also invested in the zoom 55-200 (or something like that). I can take far away photos of my kids when they aren't watching and they have been some of my favorite shots so far. ... I hear the that the Nikon D60 is also great. The D40 is very easy to use!
I will share more as I get more feedback

1 Things Others Said:

amy said...

I luhuv my "new" camera. It is almost a year old, so it is not exactly new. I have a cannon rebel xs. I can't count the many number of reasons I love it. Some of the number one reasons are: the quality of the shot is amazing. The time between shots is fast. I Can shoot in black and white or sepia or any filter in between. I went with that because I didn't need a camera to take video, but I think if you want that the nikon is supposed to be good. I got a new lense for the camera for Christmas and if i had to do it all over again, i would go with this camera and the new lense. Also, some of the new cameras come with a remote control which would be good to take pictures of your family whenever there is no one around to snap it for you. Happy shopping and keep me posted.