Friday, March 19, 2010

Movie night and family stuff

Buttered popcorn, flannel jammies and Princess and the Frog....

What Friday nights are about...family movie night.

Is it really the middle of March..how did that happen. We are loving the warmer weather and super loving the countryside. I sat on the porch this evening, thumbing through a sewing book and watched Taddy just lay in the grass and watch the sky for an hour! :)

then all three of my kids played and played until it got dark....

How blessed we are!

I was reading something by Joy today that really blessed me. It is worth the read, this and this. About our callings as mom's...and what an important, full and focused calling it is. I find myself struggle at times with the guilt of: Shouldn't I be doing something bigger for God.... but then it takes all I have to do what I AM doing. Then I read what Joy wrote, and it comes back to me. A simple life, lived for God, with those he has placed in our lives.... by precious children. That is my portion...my boundary line. I hate when I forget it...or do it half-heartedly.

Joy quotes JR Miller: "O, that God would give every mother a vision of the glory and splendor of the work that is given to her when a babe is placed in her bosom to be nursed and trained! Could she have but one glimpse into the future of that life as it reaches on into eternity; could she look into it's soul to see it's possibilities; could she be made to understand her own personal responsibility for the training of this child, for the development of it's life, and for its destiny--she would see that in all God's world there is no other work so noble and so worthy of her best powers, and she would commit to no others' hand the sacred and holy trust given to her."


Just to think, what I sew into their hearts will impact their children and grandchildren....

I want to, even more, focus on this moment, this day, these children, my God....and realize the blessing and grace He gives to make it a good life...an eternal life.

So we are doing well, ..have far to go....but are also very good in this moment.

Blessing to every one....especially the mommies out there....(and grandmommies)

More for Joy:

"She [a mother] is handling never-dying souls. She's daily conducting heart surgery on eternal spirts whose forever destinies are influenced most profoundly by the hands that rock their cradles, wipe their noses, ... open their Bibles, prepare their after-school snacks, and turn off their bedroom lights. Those motherly hands are molding characters which will become men and women who will turn the world upside down either for good or for evil. Not that's a job that counts. " - Mark Chanski

0 Things Others Said: