Friday, June 11, 2010

I need it all....

..."a freedom that lifts you above your circumstances".

"The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to
preach the good news to the poor
He has sent me to
proclaim freedom for the prisoners
and recovery of sight for the blind
to release the oppressed
to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor.....
Today this scripture is fulfilled in your hearing." Luke 4:14-21

I need it all.

I am poor in love, He has good news for me.
I am a prisoner to my past and to my circumstance, He is proclaiming my freedom.
I am blind to the way He sees things, the way He sees me, He is recovering my sight.
I am oppressed by what I feel I lack, He is releasing me from oppression.

This is the year of the Lord's favor....

and all of this is fulfilled in Jesus....If I would but quit being consumed and seeking what I desire and just seek Him.

....

with that in mind, this morning, in the early dawn light, Kitty decided to play with my glasses. She made me smile. I thought...what a blessing, with little ball of fur and energy and playfulness and purring. And I thought nothing is too small for God. Nothing is too big and nothing is too small and He is never too busy. Being God He is all in one moment, this moment with me...and at the same time all about everything else He attends to. That is God...so different from us.










So I thank Him for the blessing of little kitty...even when she is trying to get the ice cubes out of my glass of water!



1 Things Others Said:

Kat said...

Beautiful and the picture made me chuckle :). Praying for God's favor for you and your family....