Saturday, August 07, 2010

the sea shore...

I sooooo love the ocean. I truly think I could live there year round. It saddens me that I only get a few days at the coast each year. But I guess a few days are better than no days! We spent the last three days at the coast and had a great time. Stuffed full of shrimp and clam chowder, a shell collection for our window sill, a van full of sand and a heart full of memories.

I think I wore the battery down on my camera, and did not get to take any pictures of our tide pool exploration this morning, but none the less, here are some pictures of our time at the sea shore...

We visited an aquarium and enjoyed all the beauty God has made under, around and in the sea. Of course, when we got home this evening, we all had to watch "Finding Nemo".

Jellyfish......

Besides making a vacation out of three days.... Olivia had a mini-reunion with Wubiti and Henery. Two children from the same orphanage in Ethiopia. Wubitu has been home for almost a year, and Olivia, of course, for 5 weeks. It was great to have them reconnect half a world away from where they had become good friends. Wubitu's parents are so kind (thank you Kim and Jeff) and so understanding of my wild crew. It is hard to have a grown-up conversation when you are trying to keep your eye on four active kids, field questions, referee conflicts.... Although it was a short visit, it was so good to connect.


Bye bye, sea shore....until next time!

3 Things Others Said:

Kristine said...

Love it!!
The girls look so beautiful!!
Tell Kim and kids we said HI!

Renee said...

WHat a fun time! The kids are all gorgeous. And are those seals lazing around on the boats??

Unknown said...

we had SUCH a wonderful time! you are a great mom and you taught me a lot in the short time we spent together. Wubitu enjoyed herself so much, and the get together brought US closer together. Olivia seems to be doing great. WE should make an annual visit like this. HOw lucky they were!