Monday, October 04, 2010

One less latte...


This picture was taken by another "Hope momma" who adopted from the same orphanage my daughter came from in Ethiopia. I am sorry I forgot her name to give her credit.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


On Sunday, two different people that I had met for the first time said:


"Wow, your life is complicated."


{and I was thinking I was making progress to simplifying my life! lol! She as referring to adopting and being a momma of 4}


"It is great you are called to minister in this way."


{She was also referring to my adopting.}


That same day, with a group of folks we were talking about ministries and supporting them. And I shared how I had prayed that God would make it personal for me. Although many many wonderful organizations do wonderful things, I wanted to feel a personal connection to where our family was helping....making a difference. {Like the two beautiful orphans-no-more in our home that have become my daughters.}


My reaction to being "called to minister" was (in my thoughts), aren't we all? Is James 1:27 just for some of us or all of us who put our faith in Jesus Christ?


"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: To look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." James 1:27

Their ARE over 147 million orphans in the world. I understand that not everyone feels like they can bring one or two or ..... orphaned children into their home {yet, I can always hope.) But you CAN come alongside those who are and help. (Not talking about me here! {another grin}.


So how about this. How about making a commitment to have ONE LESS LATTE a month and take those 5 minutes and $4 and click here to help a momma without a husband feed orphans in her home in Uganda?


5 minutes, $4 dollars, one click, once a month. As simple as that!


You can read all about Gabi at her website and what is on her heart and why she has called her "life" (I say life, rather than ministry, because her ministry is her life) Racham Ministries. And then commit to her to have one less latte a month and feed the mouths and hearts of orphans she is bringing into her home.


Just imagine...if you shared this..and only 100 people out of all the people on the internet, would do this....she would have all she needs. AND if you would, at that same time, once a month, raise up a prayer for her and her girls to the throne of grace???? Just imagine all those effectual prayers availing much on their behalf! (James 5:16).


Would you?

One Less Latte:
5 minutes, $4, one click, one prayer, once a month
LIVES CHANGED FOR ETERNITY!

0 Things Others Said: