Sunday, November 28, 2010

snippets of truth....

here are a few snippets I jotted during church today....some made me cry. (in a good  way):

(my son, along with the other youth, led the music worship this morning.   The last song brought me to tears; At The Cross)
Oh Lord  you've searched me , you know my ways. even when I fail you, I know you love me.

I cannot truly say, I know He loves me.   I should by this stage of the game.   But in tears, I sing and hope its true.  Because I feel I DO fail him, so often.   And I came to church downcast in my failure...then listened to my son sing..."even when I fail you, I know you love me...."    I thought how that is true of the relationship between my son and I.   Even when he fails, I love him....so couldn't it be the same with God.   That He might not be looking for my perfection or consistency...but my honesty?  "you tore the veil, you made a way, when you said that it is done."

Other notes I jotted down:

slow down  when we fail, we need hope. 

We rush with our todos, we tromp all over others emotions in our rush.

                          take time
each encounter should take them a step closer to Jesus....  we are being changed, transformed from glory to glory, from God-bit to God-bit.  let my encounters be a bit of God.  slow down and be quiet to be sensitive to God's Spirit.     

Zebra's slow the pace ot fht entire herd, when one is hurt.   slow the pace when one is hurt.

This requires me to let go of my own agenda....  1 John 3:16-20 - how can we see our brothers in need and do nothing.

1 Cor 1:3-5.  comfort as we are comforted.   Christ carries our pain.....so we are able to help carry others.  a spirit of mercy.   Sharing our weaknesses draws us closer.  Jesus came to heal the sick, not the well.   Focus on our debt to God and we cannot feel anything but mercy.  

intercession  - why don't I intercede more?  (because I walk around ashamed of my failure.)

even when I fail, I know you love me....

just a mish-mash of thoughts rolling around in my head today.... sorry it is not all tied together.

1 Things Others Said:

Kat said...

I think this is beautiful and know those feelings well. Thank you for the encouragement and reminder today.