Monday, November 22, 2010

Turkey Week....

run, baby, run!

I think my kids are some of the very few we know, who have school this week. It seems like a lot of the schools have made the Thanksgiving vacation a week, rather than a couple days...

What are you doing for Thanksgiving?




We are going to have the Turkey and trimmings at our house with my parents.... I always enjoy all the cooking and smells and just hanging out. I am sure we will have some card games and Christmas movie.




One tradition we do, is at each place setting, I put out a Christmas ornament, a new one for the year....to start off the season. :) This will be Olivia's first year of this tradition, but I do have a little box with two other ornaments for her, from the past two years, while we were waiting to bring her home.




At school, the 4th graders are doing a box/bag lunch, where they decorate a box or bag and make a lunch that they trade with another student.




This weekend Olivia sewed a cute bag with a handdrawn turkey. Her first sewing project. I helped her by sewing on some buttons. She did a great job. Taddy drew the picture and I did the sewing for his.




I hope you all have an awesome week. We have so much to thank God for.....I am so thankful that our Abba is " a father to the fatherless a defender of widows (and single mothers), is God in his holy dwelling. God sets the lonely in families.." Psalm 68:5,6




Where would I be without this character trait of God. So thankful!


0 Things Others Said: