Monday, December 06, 2010

Day 5: Breath of Heaven

I walk around, now, this season, with a heart ache.  A heart broken for the broken, inside and outside my walls.  Katie's post today, just rang with the chords in my heart.  In talking about the injustice and pain that we do not understand, that God allows... Katie said:

 "I think of Mary. Young. Tired. Alone. Completely unable to understand why this would be his plan for her. Chosen. Carrying our Savior into this broken world."

My children and I watched The Nativity this weekend.  And this was so clear.  God was asking her to be totally misunderstood and misjudged.... and this baby boy, grew...to save us, to save our sons and daughters....  How we need him so...that is the ache I feel, the need of Him so! "breath of heaven, help me, hold me together....lighten my darkness, pour over me your holiness, for you are holy."

“do you wonder, as you watch my face, if a wiser one should have had my place? But I offer all I am for the mercy of your plan"

0 Things Others Said: