Saturday, January 01, 2011

He is important...

It is not yet morning, in the sky, although the clock reads almost 6 am, it is dark.   It has been dark in my soul too, for quite some time.  I woke up, in the dark before dawn, with these thoughts running through my heart.

10 more years.  I have less than 10 more years with them.  In 10 years my youngest will be 17 and a junior in highschool.  All my others will have graduated, starting college.  10 years.   This is their one childhood.  How shall we spend these next 10 years?

So often, I find, we push out the important for the urgent.   We lose sight of what is truly important as we scramble to handle the urgent right now.  The squabble, the to do list, the ____________ squeezing out all else, taking over our words, and thoughts, and focus, leaving the important undone.

I have joined a group of women who are memorizing a new scripture verse twice a month in 2011.  I have been thinking the past few weeks, what my first verse will be.   This morning, in the dark before dawn, I found it.   As I cried before God, I am still such a baby in a highchair, struggling, leading babies of my own, with just 10 more years left....  I do not want to focus on the urgent, I want to focus on the important.  I do not want to keep toddling over the squabbles and feeling unloved, and how I do not react right on this or that or my list of chores that need done.   I want to focus on the important.   What is important to them. 

And what is important is JESUS.  To speak Jesus every day, to show them how to turn to Jesus in each moment, for Jesus to do His good work inside us.  That is the imporant that will take over and swallow the urgent and even conquor the urgent.   I need Him.  They need Him.   10 years to not miss this.

He is important.  So no longer entertaining doubts or self-pity, I reach out to Him on the dark before dawn, and I take hold of His hand, I accept His love and I breathe in His word and stand up on His promises.  This year will be the year of the important.

This first verse for 2011: 

Phillipians 1: 6

"Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."

See, it is not up to me, it is up to Him.  He has began a good work in me.   He has began a good work in each of my children.  He will carry me, He will carry them, He will carry this good work in each of us.  He will carry it on until it is complete...until the day we stand hand in hand face to face with Him.

 Hello 2011, He is important.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Would you like to join us in the scripture memory team?  If so go here and pick a verse today, to get started.

1 Things Others Said:

EricaG said...

I've just begun reading your blog in the last couple of weeks. I'm not even sure how I found it. I appreciate your insights. Stop by my little corner of the internet if you have a free moment. Wishing you a 2011 filled with joy and growth!