Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Sew Happy

I spent a big portion of last weekend tinkering around in my sewing room....with its half painted green/white wall and every inch of space taken up with fabric and yarn and some scrapbook supplies and two pianos...it is a creative shared space.   I sit there and sew, or sort buttons, or embroider...and Nick plays tunes.  or Olivia does cross stitch, or Taddy sits and chats and handles his football, or Mary reads Seven Peters Picky Eaters over and over. Bella snoozes on a pink aphghan.  Kitty curls up on a shelf of sweaters to unravel.   A good space.

This weekend I worked on the 3rd of four "items" I am making for the friends.    I color arranged all my stacks of material, moved in a dresser from the garage and filled a vintage drawer, a Christmas drawer and a misc this and that drawer full of fabrics..  and sorted buttons,  multiple jars of buttons are now corralled into pink, red, green, blue, white, orange, purple, yellow, brown and grey/black jars.   I actually enjoyed it.  :)  And they all look so pretty.
I have so many ideas and projects in my mind.... I love my sewing room, which is also the embroidery room, scrapbook room, knitting room, cat sleeping/Bella snoozing room and piano room. And one day, the half-painted wall MIGHT get finished.

And I actually met with friends and scrapbooked 6 pages this weekend too. Very simple pages.... I have to get back in the swing of things. Haven't scrapbooked in the past 8 or 9 month. So I am proud of my 6 pages. Yea creativity!






0 Things Others Said: