Wednesday, February 23, 2011

slow me down Lord

to see you, hear you.  recognize you

in the eyes of my children, in their hearts strung too tight sometimes
in the tell-tale antics that speak of something lost or never known, that secretly whisper love me, see me, beneath the frenzied throwing of arms and barbs.

in the ache of brokenness
in the joy of you using brokenness

in the beauty of prayer, my breath whispering to I AM, his breath listening...speaking breathing into my spirit
in the sound of fingers on piano keys, palms on drums
in verses recited from stumbling lips

to find you...in the middle of cubicles and keyboards and meeting schedules, and to do lists and grocery lists and earning a living

i no longer want to walk the pace of this world.

i want to walk your pace

how do I do this?  here? now? with these responsibilities...being the provider, it seems, yet I know  YOU are truly the provider, Jehovah Jireh... 

like Hagar, you see me.....
like the lamb, lead me.....

i want to slow down....

show me how....

i want to spend this moment....this one life full of moments with you.....

show me how....


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Walk with Him slowly...

1 Things Others Said:

Craig said...

I’m here from Anne’s today

“i no longer want to walk the pace of this world. i want to walk your pace” – to be in line with Our Lord – that is where I want to be too. You put it so well.

To stop and “breath him in” slow down and be with Him. You have others trying to learn the same thing – multitudes :)

I really enjoyed this today.

God Bless you and all of yours