Monday, November 14, 2011

a weekend without a computer...and other things

my computer "broke" sometime in the night Friday night...so I had a whole weekend with no internet access:

no netflix

no email

no facebook

no blog

no pinterest

no.....

and we all actually survived quite well.

:)

So I thought I would share a little of the past few days....

Thursday was a Veteren's celebration at my children's school, and I was quite proud of all four of them.   Only got a couple pictures...one of Tad doing his part in the presentation, and the other of my Nick, Student Body President, giving out awards to Veterens, Community workers and families who have lost members in the Armed Services.  He did an awesome job and I don't think there was a dry eye in the room during the entire celebration.


Tad, the glowing boy in white at the microphone

Nick and his teacher, giving out awards.
 this weekend I also did some Christmas hunting, finding things to make and vintage decorations...

I am all about pink, teal and red this year.

I found a vintage compact suitcase, which I then filled with pink, teal and vanilla decorations, lace, and ribbons, that I have been collecting over the past couple of months. {picture at the top of this post}

I know it is not Christmas yet, but it makes me smile to see it sitting on my kitchen counter.  I also filled a white birdcage I had, with ornaments as well.



Also found, in my thrift store hunt, a collection of cute little wooden ornaments, and a chair for my bedroom I plan to repaint and recover the cushion.  I will show the after picture in the future.

I also saw a few other cute decoration ideas at an antique store I snapped a photo for future reference.










Last, but not least, I found this sweet little note left for me on the table...from my princess Qing Qing..    It's a little fuzzy,{and mispelled....} but it says: "I love you mommy, I allays have  love Mary uorr dotter".




our unwired weekend also included a little chatting time with mom and dad, scrapbooking with a girlfriend, making Christmas crafts, pizza night, church, and our Christmas photo shoot (to be revealed later)...with lots of laughs and silliness.

I hope you had a good weekend as well.... 


0 Things Others Said: