Wednesday, September 19, 2012

wouldn't it be lovely?

i use to dream about living in a farmhouse....when i drive to Dillons beach with the kids, through the countryside around Petaluma, I just soak in the little farms and views....  a big barn converted to a house...i use to think, well one day...one day that would {could} be me...

....but face it.   my age....raising four kids {alone}...10 more years before the youngest graduates highschool {and jedi mind-sweep your mind, before you think about college}....my farmhouse/barnhouse is NOT going to happen.   ..not just funds...but my ability to keep up such an adventure.... {the cheep cheep is long gone from this spring chicken}

Cupcake
about a year ago, realizing my farm/barn dream was not realistic, i fell in love with the thought and idea of a small vintage trailer....  still love them!   after months of learning and searching, i bought my little darling "Cupcake"..  a 1964 Oasis.   She is still my happy sweetie (although she has a little limp right now I need to get fixed.  soon, after all the expense of fall, back to school, and Christmas)   She's the perfect little addition, a fun little getaway in the backyard, or off camping.  I love her.   I want to add a little brother for her sometime (a vintage compact shasta)...  so a "girl-cave" and a "boy-cave"

a shasta compact
recently i have been thinking about..later.   later when i am not paying for four kids in private school.  when my kids have families of their own and i don't have to be within driving distance of a particular school, or particular church community, or certain kid-friends.   when, perhaps even, i might want to retire and do all those creative things my soul longs to do and my schedule really doesn't allow.  {i sneak them in around the edges, but so much remains undone on both sides of my to do list}

i have been following the retirement adventures of rvSue, with her doggies, Bridget and Spike....sold her home and travels the US in her little trailer.   I find her adventures interesting, fun...but not quite for me....

but, she got me thinking about what's next....  also, seeing my papa being ill and things being so hard for him and mom, makde me think....they are only 25 years older than me...where will i be in 25 years? 

Magnolia Pearl Homestead
and then today, i was reading on Magnolia Pearl's blog and loving the pictures of their "new" homestead and the little houses on it. {Pictures at the bottom of this post}

 i have started a toying with a new dream.  .....a small home.  a tiny house.   With Cupcake and Hootie (the Shasta Compact I don't yet have) parked out back for my kids visits, or guest house....  a tiny house on a space of land....maybe a covered workshop for painting, and sewing and crafting studio....

and how do i get from here to there?

 so that's my little dream I am noodling around.  

starting to collect pictures or small houses to fuel my imagination and inspiration... 

not even sure how to start...

 i guess saving money to buy a piece of property first....

 then saving money to have a small house build..... 

not sure... but before anything...first comes the dream....

so here are some pictures to inspire. :)

{you and me!} 


{you can see my small home board on pinterest}







and the song keeps going through my head....


"All I want is a room somewhere, far away from the cold night air…”

-- Eliza Doolittle.




0 Things Others Said: