Monday, April 28, 2008

I'm not who I was....

I love this song....it has haunted me since the first time I heard it. It is interesting as I watched this version of the video and the signs of what each person was and what they are.

I have to agree, that truly I am not who I was...in so many many ways. Yet, I so often see all that is wrong with me. It is like the fallen redwood in my eye that obstructs my view of all else.

I am SO flawed.

I thought of what I would write on a little white board of who I was and who I am. WAS: Flawed, broken, rejected, hopeless, selfish. AM: Flawed, loved, accepted, hopeful.

I know again and again and again and...can I say it...again?..... if I don't stay consciously, deliberately connected to God and in His word, I just crumble and crunch around in my flawed-ness. When I stay connected, the flow of His Spirit fills in all the cracks and fissures and takes the flaws and wraps them in His love.

I'm not who I was...

0 Things Others Said: