Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Much better now....on the Potter's wheel



I know I have been in a stinky mood lately....would have been best for me not to blog at all during that time. But I am doing better now.

A bible study we are doing by Patricia Shirer, Can we Talk, is really helping....it is so self-contained, that you do not need the videos to get the benefit of it! I highly suggest it. (I would show you a really cool picture of it IF bloggers photo function would work! but it has been broken for several days now...)

One verse that spoke to me this am, that the kids and I memorized last year, is Eph 4:29

DO not let any unwholesome talk come out of my mouth (or keyboard), but only that which is helpful for building up others according to their needs that it might benefit those who listen.

Even 4 year old Mary had this memorized. I realized this includes my self-talk as well...and my grumblings and complainings that are not a benefit to anyone, including myself.

:) SO I am doing better, more optimistic and hopeful. God has the slab of clay on the potters wheel, and although flawed, He is making me into something new that He deems right!

Amen

0 Things Others Said: