Sunday, July 06, 2008

King of Glory...guard our hearts...


The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof,
the world and those we dwell therein.
For He has founded it upone the seas
and established it upon the rivers.

Who shall stand in His holy place?

He who has clean hands and a pure heart,
who does not lift up his soul (emotions, thoughts, desires, affections) to what is false
and does not swear deceitfully. (even to deceive our selves or allow ourselves to be deceived)

He will receive blessings from the Lord and righteousness (right standing with God) from the God of his salvation.
Such is th generation who seek him (who of necessity require Him)
who seek the face of the God of Jacob.

Lift up your heads O gates!
Andbe lifted up, O ancient doors
that the King of glory may come in
Who is this King of glory?
The Lord strong and might, the Lord mighty in battle!

Lift up your heads, O gates!
And lift them up, O ancient doors, that the King of glory may come in.

Who is this King of Glory? the Lord of hosts, HE IS the King of Glory. (Psalm 24)

Jesus is His name..

In Psalm 23, our Lord is our shepherd, caring for His sheep and in Psalm 24, He is proclaimed as our King of glory..beyond what we could fathom, coming to rescue, open the gates, open the doors.

Lord, give me clean hands washed by your blood, give me a pure heart I pray...I am far from it... I lift up my head and open all that I would shut you out from.

I can stand in your holy place, by your righteousness given to me...that I do not give my emotions, thoughts, desires to that which is false. That which would promise safety, contentment, companionship and give only hollowness and longing. Any THOUGHT of something that woul dhelp us other than Jesus.

What do we make King or Lord? What do you? What is that thing or things, that if ___________...then all would be good, ok, right? I saw, this week, in a bible study I am doing that had this verse as one to ponder and pray, that, although I had no hope of it occuring, I held the desire..can't even say desire, as a desire without hope loses fuel and passion. so more a thought of " if only he could have...." ...that thought of a godly husband and father to my children that I don't have, that they don't have...if only that..." that is my false soulish desire.

That I think that would make it all ok. I would trade a thought of that...since I believe it is impossible, but a thought that that is what is missing, I would trade that false thought for the King of glory which I truly have?

He is my King of glory, Him alone, he is strong and mighty, mighty in my battles.
I open up all the gates and doors of my life, to my King. My future, my present, my burdens, my responsibilities, my unknown, my flaws, and my joy and laughter and my children...all open ...King of glory, come in.... My king...melek kabod...my ish.

Today I took the kids to see Prince Caspian. Ah.... Aslan, so often felt distant, not involved, did not ride in when and how we thought He should. But come He does.

At dinner afterwards, I was sad. Nicholas told me in the last book, Susan, one of the four children and rulers of Narnia, does not believe in the end, and does not enter into the New Narnia. That made me so sad.

Sitting at the dinner table, with mouths full and forks posed, my eyes were brimming with tears. Nick said, I should not have told you that, you are about to cry. I looked each of mine in the eye, and said, You must promise me, you will keep the faith, no matter what. No matter how old you are. I will be in heaven and waiting for you, once I die, and you must keep the faith!

We will they said. I sat a moment, and then one by one, I looked them in the eye.
"Tadpole, tell me, promise me, you will keep the faith."
"I will keep the faith".
"Nicholas, tell me. "
"I will keep the faith."
"Mary",
"I will"
"We will explain this to Olivia when she is here."
Tadpole says, "Bella, you will keep the faith. " :)

"And you must teach your children this."
Nick: "And if we live long enough, our grandchildren."
"yes!. And God says He will bless to 1000 generations, that means grandchildren of grandchildren of grandchildren....to 1000 times..those who love the Lord."

And Nick says, "and you too mom"

"Yes, I will keep the faith."

King of Glory, come in.

0 Things Others Said: