Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Chocolate Tea....

yes, you read that right!

Somewhere in my wanderings I came across a post of someone describing chocolate tea and I had to order some.

http://www.adagio.com/ (Click on flavors, then chocolate).

I just got a notice that my tea has been shipped today...so I will let you know when it comes in, if it is as tastey as I am anticipating.

PS...did you know we can thank ol' Christopher Columbus for chocolate!!! Makes last Monday just that much more meaningful!

The story of chocolate begins with Columbus' discovery of America. Cocoa beans were among the curiosities he brought back from his voyage. However, it wasn't until the conquest of Mexico that the Spaniards learned of "chocolatl," a drink made from cocoa beans that the Aztecs served Cortez and his troops. The Spaniards found the drink bitter. But luckily, the New World was also a source of cane sugar. Combining the two, and bringing the recipe to Spain, proved a booming business. The Spanish managed to keep it a secret for nearly a hundred years.

Well the secret is out now, isn't it?!




0 Things Others Said: