Monday, November 10, 2008

Today...


Some days are just harder than others..... I was actually looking for a different picture, and came across these two...my two boys taken fall of 2002...look at those smiles. Such sweet little things. You would never have known we were packing to move into an apt because their daddy was leaving us.
So as I am having a tough morning today....I have a sinus headache, which always casts a shadow on my day, mood and perspective, I have two extra boys sleeping over and was torn between going into the office and fearful of leaving Angela alone with 5 wild children...the light saber wars were getting to me, so I opted to go in. She seemed perfectly ok with them.
In the office, the first email I read is from a dear friend talking about what she might do if we have another layoff at work. ...gulp...I don't want to go there in my mind...
I was so tired, headache, that I did not spend my time with you today Lord...in your word, and boy I need it.
I have a meeting in 2 minutes and I split a FULL Venti latte all over my desk...
So that is my today. ..
And yet, look at those sweet faces. I have these wonderful little human beings in my home that bring joy and chaos and love and life....to every minute...and one in Ethiopia just waiting to come home....
And my wonderful parents who I love to pieces and would do anything for! Dear dear girlfriends, that are there at a phone call..
My small sweet church, who steps in the gap for us...
ANd my wonderful Savior, Jesus, who does all for me...my Abba who hears each whispered sigh, catches each tear...
Today...I have a lot to be thankful for.

1 Things Others Said:

Denise said...

sorry you are having a rough day... how did yesterday go at church???
Denise