Thursday, December 04, 2008

Druther not...


Hebrews 13:5,6:
"You yourself have said to us: “I will never leave you or forsake you.” Therefore we may boldly say “The Lord is my helper, I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?”'

I was thinking.. druthers…or better yet, druther nots

There are many things I would druther NOT experience:

Losing my job
Being homeless
Cancer
Losing a child
Poor health

List goes on…

This sense of “druther not!” can be so strong – if I keep my focus on that list – that I become fearful – of man, this world, circumstances, possible futures…

BUT..

If I can grasp the magnitude of the fact that the God of the universe will NEVER forsake me or leave me alone-that with all power, foresight, thought, planning, orchestration and love, He is with me, and has purpose in all He allows to touch and impact my life…holding on to this, I can boldly say: I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?

I have God, Emmanual..

God with us…

0 Things Others Said: