Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Yawn...

I am tired.

Taddy woke up twice last night. I did better, went to bed at 10:30, but after thet two times of tucking Taddy back in bed, I never fell back asleep until the third or fourth tap on the snooze alarm, and then only for the 15 minutes until the snooze alarm went off again. So tired.
I am fighting a bad habit of staying up too late, not falling asleep well, and being tired most of the time. :(
So, being tired, I do not react as well to things...ya' know. all the things in life. Internal reactions, thank goodness..but still.
Like:
-the latch on the PT Cruiser back hatch door not working! Ugh. The latch on the minivan was already in the same state, and I had not made an appointment for repair yet, so NOW I have both to deal with.
-the news on the radio this am, 30,000 folks being laid-off from a list of 4 or 5 companies. Where are those folks going to find a job? Companies aren't hiring, they are laying off? And if it is them, it could be me.
-side-ache, and need to call the doctor to get them to fax, again, the referral for the appointment that I did not make three months ago, and the doctors line is busy, and then, oh, out to lunch for two hours.
-sleepy-headed headache
ok. you get the jist. Not a good MOOD. And did I not just read two days ago, in my Esther homework, it is not our mood, but our mindset.
So walking to the cafe, I pulled out a little tablet I have in my purse. One that I have written verses in over the past two years, to refresh my soul. Here are the few I read:
Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all my days. Ps 90:14 I thought, yes, even this day.....even this one
My soul, wait silently for God alone for my expectaion is from Him. PS 62.5
When I am _________ (afraid) {fill in the blank with whatever 'mood' YOU are in.} I will trust in you! PS 56:3
Find REST oh my soul in God alone, my HOPE comes from Him. YOu O God are strong and you O Lord are loving. PS 62:5,11,12
The Lord hears the needy {that be me} and does not despise His captive people. PS 69:33
May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through, may your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. The onewho calls you is faithful and HE will do it. I Thess 5:23,24
According to the plan of Him who WORKS OUT EVERYTHING in conformity with the purpose of His will. Eph 1:11
Know that the hand of the Lord is powerful. Josh 4:24
Sometimes (most times, all the time) my soul just needs a little washing of the water of the word.
God is in control, on his throne, I can fall back on Him.

0 Things Others Said: