Sunday, March 22, 2009

I love that song.....

Teen Challenge came to our church this morning and sang the song by Avalon "There are no orphans in God."

"There are no strangers, there are no outcasts, there are no orphans of God, so many broken, but Hallelujah, there are no orphans of God!"

As one woman, than another shared their testimony, I was so blessed. And reminded of our Fathers love. How He takes us in, what ever state, what ever brokenness, any circumstance. Whoever has rejected us, or passed us by, or whatever we have done ourselves in our broken state. He loves us. It is not religion. It is not going to church. It is not trying harder, doing more, being better. As one teenager shared, in a book I am reading, her summary of what she got out of youth group that day... "Same message. God is good, I am bad. Try harder" :(

It is not try harder!

It is a one on one jump daily, momently, into the arms of God. Just as I am, wooly and all. A JUMP into our affectionate God.

As I sat there, I thought, although there is no earthly daddy that wants my children or me, no open heart sacrificial enough to take us into his heart, just as we are, my children are not orphans. Their heavenly daddy loves, cares, supports, encourages and considers us precious, his treasured own and is making plans for us, including us, picked us out in particular.

We are not orphans in God. We are not rejected, or not good enough. We are dearly beloved. Broken, fallen, in need of love, and truly loved. Hallelujah...there are no orphans of God.

Thank you Daddy!

2 Things Others Said:

Sarah Mae said...

I just wanted you to know that I think you may need to go to red button anonymous...

Sorry friend...

(I'll go with you!) :)

The WalMart Vegan said...

Great song. I had never heard it before.