Saturday, June 06, 2009

A walk in the park....


Or to the park....
Feeling a bit blue yesterday afternoon, Mary and I took a walk to the park....
I felt (still feel) so displaced sometimes....I lose sight of where I fit...what I am suppose to be doing here....and if what I am doing is enough...is there something else... Ok wierd I know.
I think really I feel lonely at times... even with my house full of kids.... even with my often silent God.


Anyway. On our walk...God just showed me beauty all around, as my eyes opened to it.
Nothing had to be solved, answered, figured out, epiphanized....
Just let the angst all sit... and enjoy God's nature.
I love the country.
I live in the suburbs...
yet....look at what I saw.
It if funny, the words to this silly old song came to my mind..."everything is beautiful, in its own way...."
Enjoy the view....










































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































Here's a hoot. All these pictures were taken with my cellphone!

3 Things Others Said:

Mama Melissa said...

not odd at all to wonder where you "fit" in this world... i've felt that way, and i just have to remember that where i fit is where God wants me...and that is completely OK, especially if it isn't exactly where others (or even i) think i "should" fit. :)

blessings!

Beth Herring said...

Wow - I feel like I went on the walk with you and I enjoyed every minute!

www.marcylytle.blogspot.com said...

Those pictures were awesome...loved them. That could be your side job - photographing nature...I'm sure you need more to do...ha.