Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Am I the only one who struggles?....sinking sand


I want to be faithful.
and then I tromp all over any shred of attempted faithfulness with my muddy feet.
I struggle with the darker {soulish, selfish, inconsistent} side of me.
When I have "blown it", I feel discouraged {disappointed, depressed} and I pull away from God, thinking I have no right to talk to Him, ask Him for help, expect encouragement from His word. Yet, that is when I need it all the more!
I never earn or behave well enough for His favor. His favor, love, grace, present help in time of need, {in time of NEED} is a gift. Not earned. Not performance based.
I find, I am trying too hard by my own efforts to be faithful. I am trusting on a "frame" {my own} (sweet or not), rather than Him.
I want to practice the presence of God, with my muddy feet and all.
Because...{I sang in tears driving to work this morning}
"My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus' blood and righteousness"
{not my ability to perform}
"I dare not trust the sweetest frame, but wholly lean on Jesus' name.
On Christ the solid rock I sand, all other ground is sinking sand.
All other ground is sinking sand."

4 Things Others Said:

crispy said...

Sorry you are struggling. And no, you are not the only one. We all do. ((hugs))

Anonymous said...

"For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do. 16 If, then, I do what I will not to do, I agree with the law that it is good. 17 But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. 18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find. 19 For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice.

O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?

25 I thank God—through Jesus Christ our Lord! "

Rom 7:16-19, 24,25

JESUS CHRIST OUR GREAT SAVIOUR THEN, NOW AND ALWAYS. He is your hope. Rejoice in His Grace in time of trouble. God bless

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandee,

I saw your comment on Sarah Mae's website. I would like to share this verse to say God does not think you are "second best"...read who your defender is...

Psalm 68:4-6

4 Sing to God, sing praises to His name;
Extol Him who rides on the clouds, By His name YAH, And rejoice before Him.

5 A father of the fatherless, a defender of widows,
Is God in His holy habitation.

6 God sets the solitary in families; He brings out those who are bound into prosperity;
But the rebellious dwell in a dry land.

Blessings.

Mom said...

Baby Girl! At the struggling times ..if you could only see through the eyes of your parents..the two people who KNOW you better than any one except God.
You would see that compared to your heart's character, your "sinking sand " is a shallow veneer trying to hide the SOLID ROCK your feet are so solidly planted on!