Thursday, November 19, 2009

Repurposing...what will it become?

"Rip it, rip it, rip it"... the sound of frogging.... I found a sweater at the thrift store made of some wonderful tan tweed wool....

And I am repurposing. Undoing all the seams, unraveling all the stitches (aka "frogging") and starting something new (and cheap). The three really large balls of yarn would have cost me way more than the $5 I paid for the sweater.

And they are becoming toast for my kids....and maybe me! :)

Plus the adventure of learning to knit on double pointed needles, knitting in the round.

I love repurposing, becoming. It is what my heart is doing, my life, my children, our family...as God directs, unravels the old and knits together the new.

New hearts, new purposes...

We all need a little frogging: "Rip it, Rip it"








2 Things Others Said:

Renee said...

Can't wait to see the finished project! I find it really hard to even find wool sweaters in the thrift stores here... odd, since we live in the frozen north.

woodsie8 said...

Do you have to clean the yarn, before reknitting it?