Wednesday, November 25, 2009

So much more than pie...


It's about more than pie, isn't it? (But the pie is nice.)
Thankfulness,
blessings, grace (favor I do not deserve), mercy, love
family, prayer, God....
We are so blessed, fortunate, cared for. I am truly grateful and only on the edge of aware. I know we have it good. But to truly KNOW something, a fiber-know, you have to experience what it is without it.
I have never, once in my life, woke up without having food in my house.
I have never, once in my life, had to go to sleep without a bed or blanket.
I have never, once in my life, had to walk outside, without shoes.
I have never, once in my life, been out in the cold without a coat.
I have never, once in my life, been afraid in the dark as I sleep on who might hurt me.
I have never, once in my life, wondered if my momma and daddy loved me.
I have never, once in my life, been without family.
I long for one who has.
I have lived my life without purpose, but no longer.
I have lived with my heart broken and searching, but no longer.
I have lived totally aborbed in self, but no longer (I hope)
I have lived my life trying to find satisfaciton in stuff in stores or empty promises, but no longer.
I live my life with and for the One who loves me.
Who gives me so much:
These three, (soon four, please Lord, soon four) little hearts that call me Momma.
Parents who touch the throne of grace in our behalf, who cry when my heart cries, who rejoices when we are delighted, who love us deep.
His word, a love letter setting my heart on fire.
His presence, my constant companion.
His protection, provision, plan and purpose.
I am thankful for so much more than pie....and for the pie too!
Happy Thanksgiving to you and all you love....

0 Things Others Said: