Saturday, November 28, 2009

The Blessing of Grace....


This is what is on my heart today....the blessing of Grace..... the gift from God of belief.
Eph 2:8-10
For it is by grace
{undeserved, unearned, favor, blessings, love}
you are saved
{eternal salvation, and continually being saved, from ourselves, from our situation, from the world and our enemy, being continually restored, redeemed}
through faith
{through believing God, by believing God is who he says he is, by believing he is doing what he says he is doing, by believing I am who God says I am, by believing his word is alive and active in me, by believing my prayers of a "under the blood" momma, therefore considered righteous, are powerful and effecting, by believing that all things work together for the good for me and my children and my parents because we love God, by believing God.}
and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God --
{not only is this grace a gift, we can clearly see that, but the act of faith, of believing God, is a gift. God gives us the gift of being able to believe Him, to trust him, to walk with Him, to believe His word, to no longer walk alone, to pray and know our prayers are heard. To believe is a gift from God.}
not by works, so that no one can boast.
{nothing I do, no performance, no right or wrong, or figure it out, or try harder, or read the right book or be perfect can earn me grace or faith...nothing I can boast about....only be grateful.}
but we are God's workmanship
{masterpiece, poem,}
created in Christ Jesus
{in Jesus we are being created into a masterpiece by God, stitched, knitted, woven, painted, designed...all the lose ends tucked in...}
to do good works
{good things, right now, here, in my family are the good things God has for me to do. And even as he is still stitching the scarf, the scarf is around the neck providing warmth. Not waiting to be completed, but doing the good things, while I am still a work in progress.}
which God prepared in advance for us to do.
{He saw just what would be needed, is needed, and has woven in all to be able to complete the good things he planned. He saw the weakness, wove it in, he say the despair, wove it in, he saw the personally clashes, and hurt-heart challenges and wove it in. He saw the preciousness and talents of each family member and wove it in...to his masterpiece...}
And he sees this for each of my children, his children.....working all things together for their good, for the good things he has planned in advance for them to do....he is all the while crafting.
That is what is on my heart and mind today....the gift of grace and faith and what God is all the time working, creating us into.
What a blessing...

0 Things Others Said: