Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Obsessed with Knitting and other thoughts...

o
if only i could lock myself away
and knit and knit and knit all day....



:) {last two nights, I have knitted until midnight....sleepy girl}

so i want to share whats on my needles and whats on my mind...

on my needles:

i am sad {oh, really?} that i have three project in flight and so many more on my mind.

sigh

which to do, which to do....

Talking to a momma friend at our kid's basketball practice the past week, I found out about knitting in the round two socks at a time. ok, no, I am not knitting socks. but I love gloves and handwarmers...(called toast and toasties by some) and have been dying to try some, but my first venture into double pointed needles was not a good thing.

She shared this book: Two at a Time Socks... so I started on a new adventure....









I picked this pattern























from this book,


















with this yarn and I am off and running.




I will admit, at first, it was terribly mind boggling, and doubtful...but after a few rows...it seemed to come together.










Another item on my needles is an angora ruffled scarf. I looked up several patterns, then decided to do my own design. I found this angora sweater at a thrift store and started frogging (unraveling) it.



I now have one ball done and the beautiful yarn on my needles. It is hard to tell from this picture, but it is a lovely butter cream and oh so soft.











I am also taking my stash of yarn and making a bunch of hats...


I want to try the thorpe hat from here:






















and the striped hat from here
























{both patterns are freebies}


I have a big red tub to start collecting Christmas gifts from next year. So I am going to make what brings me joy and sort it all out next December...

Beyond knitting, I enjoyed reading a friend to knit with and her idea of the 365 Project. The focus is to find beauty in your every day..all around you. To take a photo once a day and have a 365 collection for the year. Well I started a few days late...so mine is 360 collection...but I like this. And my only camera is my cell phone, for now....but we will see what happens this year.

So here is the beginning of my 360 Project for 2010.

I am loving this season...which I normally do not. Once Christmas is over, I ready to move on to spring. But it feels so "nesty" and homey and simple....

We have our first basketball game of the season (Nick's) this week, and my prayers for my kids harmony seem to be working...we have far to go, but I have seen a marked improvement. I am full of hope on Mame and bringing her home soon, and we are starting a new Bible Study {again} tonight {with a working DVD player}. Works is great. I have some new responsibilities I am enjoying and can sink my teeth into, and I am reading a new {new to me} Elizabeth Berg book I am enjoying...

Life feels good, and God is awesome....

1 Things Others Said:

Vicki Boster said...

Sandee - I am the Queen of having way too many projects on the needles! Join the club - I hate to be here alone! Am praying for your sweet Babe---

Vicki