Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Scaling down...feels good.


First, I found my missing in action embroidery thread, and am back to stitching the valentine pillow cases....pics to comes shortly....


As we are preparing for a smaller house, with more outside open spaces...{can you say r-u-r-a-l? sidenote funny: I asked the owner if the "city" provided trashcans. His reply, this is the country, there is no city. :O}... I am enjoying the need to downscale. Evaluating what we really need {and use} what we really love {or put up with}...and I like it.


The kids are planning a "Kids Garage Sale". They are all in charge of it. Pricing, selling, etc. {Me I want to give it all away}. Plus I have sold or given away some of our excess furniture.


It is amazing to see that the past six months of belt tightening and budget crunching has prepared me for a totally different frame of mind between needs, wants and what makes life satisfying.


Although our current Bible Study {Beth Moore's The Inheritance} talks about the awesome spiritual applications of Psalm 16:5,6. I am also enjoying it in the practical physical sense! God is good, and has my lot in his hand and has assigned me my field!


LORD, you have assigned me my portion and my cup; you have made my lot secure. 6 The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. Psalm 16: 6,7

3 Things Others Said:

Nicola said...

i just linked through from the vintage swap page. my first swap too! can't wait. you have a sweet blog and i am envious of your downsizing rural move!
nicola
http://whichname.blogspot.com

Renee said...

I have often thought about what a job it would be if we ever had to move. All the stuff! Yikes!

The kids will have fun with the garage sale though... maybe they could use the money they make toward one big outdoor toy. Trampoline! LOL

Heather said...

i LOVE the idea of a kids garage sale. What a fantastic way for them to understand how the responsibility and work of something.

Sounds like a wonderful move.