Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Adding to our Family...

Yep! I knew that might catch the attention of the few (two) readers I have. :) We are adding to our family.

After following the heart breaking, life changing, eye opening, soul stretching posts of Ann, Amanda and Shaun this week, as they have traveled with Compassion International to Guatamala and read the stories. Lives changed. Meeting the children they sponsor and finding out their true life stories and what a little $38 a month can do to a life..... I could not stand to do nothing. To keep buying a Starbucks a day and not, instead, (in addition to?) change a life.

As I have pondered often, how my full house and heart could stand NOT helping more orphans, or those in poverty, single moms and children who have no one to help...I did not know what to do. My house is full and my self stretched far. Then, as I read each of Ann's, Amanda's and Shaun's post on their experiences, I felt, yes..this is it. This I can do. The three young men, who live in a dangerous, gang ruled section of Guatamala, who have had compassion sponsors FAITHFUL since they were 6 years old, now living for Christ and going to a University to change the legacy they will leave for many generations.... because three families took it seriously and remained faithful. This, this I can do! Will do. Am doing!

In the weeks to come, I will show you our new families members. For now...please listen to Shaun's song...and take a peak at Ann, Amanda and Shaun's Post for Compassion.

2 Things Others Said:

Renee said...

Congratulations :o)
We sponsor a few children and it has made a big impact on our family.

Anonymous said...

Good for you. It changes your life.