Monday, February 21, 2011

Turning a life around.....

I had the great blessing yesterday of listening to my son (12) sing a song in church that he wrote.  As I listened to the words, I thought...yes....how does a 12 year old get this?

The chorus of the song goes like this:

There are so many lost that need to be found
So many lives that need turned around
They need a Savior, They need a King
Cause they may not look tired,
they may not look worn
But Really their hearts are all tattered and torn
They need a Savior They need a King,


The first time I heard him sing it, as he was writing it, sitting in my bedroom, his voice coming through the walls of the room next door with the piano...and I thought...Yes, that is me...I need a Savior, tattered and torn, I need my life turned around.

And God is doing that.   He who has begun a good work in me, and in my children, and in our family, is doing that...He is carrying it on.....until it will be complete (Phil 1:6)

Today, I listened to Ann talk about Chapter 5 of One Thousand Gifts and the hard eucharisteo....

I do not have much to say on it...yet...I am pondering it....mulling it over....But I highly suggest reading here: her post about grace...and here...her video on chapter 5. (Hoping someone reads my big fear and can show me God's answer that I cannot see.)

Still counting blessings...as I am pondering hard eucharisteo and the questions/fears in my heart.

snoring puppy on the bed
the quiet, peace of a morning home alone
God never stopping loving me, even when I don't understand
the thoughts of each of my four...in His hands
a peppermint mocha
silence
sister's in Christ, loving God dearly, in hard eucharisteo
knowing this is the rim of what's real, and the real deal is yet to come
heat blowing curtains.

4 Things Others Said:

Heather said...

Beautiful list and I love your blog.
I'm enjoying the "Ann videos" as well. So much to digest!
Have a great day.

Cora from Hidden Riches said...

I can't explain it, but I just wanted to hug you as I read your post today. Your words were so tender, and your heart was right there. I loved your list, but I loved your son's song even more. I, too, am turning slowly as I read Ann's book. So much to take in, contemplate, and make a reality in life. I will pray for you, and I know you will find He is enough. . . always enough!

Melanie said...

I LOVE this book!!!!

So happy to "meet" you today!
Melanie :)

EricaG said...

Your son's song melted my heart. Thank you for sharing the words here. Wow...so true! We don't always look broken, but the Lord knows the truth!