Thursday, August 25, 2011

Me too! "Giving thanks for the daily mess"

it really is a gift...  if I would just unwrap it with a thankful heart.


I pick up the water gun, wooden sword, deck of 49 cards {its number dwindling daily} for the ##th {double-digit, lost count} time and I actually grinned.

They are here.   They are still here.   I still have opportunity in ways that I will not have in years future...to love on them.  Godbit them. I am still learning, growing, progressing and still have time.  No mess means no junior feet in my house {maybe junior paws, but no junior feet.}  So I grin as I pick it up, yet again.

And realize the gift unwrapped. It IS all grace! 

" I become the gift to God and to others, because this work is the public God serving, the daily liturgy of thanks..."


yes...today I say yes...keep yes on my lips.. keep thanks on my lips!

Still learning from Ann. :) Being reminded and refreshed.

"I give happy thanks for the daily mess with a smile a mile wide, because this is again my chance to wholeheartedly serve God, to do full-bodied eucharisteo with the hands and the heart and the lips." Ann 



todays blessings so far:

little ones new blue glasses
5th grade band
jazzy saxophone
black braid
a chuckle over that just between us two phrase that makes us grin yet again
the checks in the mail
the ups man
an middle of the night idea....{to be shared in the future}
back to school time
co-workers - good people
ice tea
internet connections, coffee shops and yes, cell phones
paper
the happenstance of an article in the wall street journal (which I never read, except today!)
thursday voice emails to mom...a new tradition.
the "last" 2011 bday on the horizon
praises given about my son
two good ideas well appreciated
my kids band teacher

0 Things Others Said: