Saturday, February 11, 2012

Papa's turning 79!......

...and we have been doing some baking.... 
and experimenting. :)  

My first attempt at fondant icing.... 


Here's a secret:  
It is not as hard as it looks...
{it is MUCH harder!}

but is was fun....in a my-hands-will-be-pink-for-the-rest-of-my-life kind of way. ...    I found this idea on pinterest....and tried to imitate it.  

{I have done many things I have found on pinterest...that is why I love it so much.  I started a new board, an idea I saw from someone else, called "I pinned it then I did it." 

So here is my version of the cupcakes...kind of cute...huh?





here is the original Pinterst idea made by some professional martha-stewart-type... (hee..cupcake envy).


via Pinterest


Didn't you like mine better before you saw theirs?  lol.  But I still like them!

We had a good day/night tonight.    Nick, Tad and Kelsi had worship band practice...Kelsi and Nick paying acoustic guitar...and Tad playing drum.   ... they were AWESOME!...

Then tonight... Nick, and his friend Bryan, put up a tent in the back yard and made a campfire.  Nick played funny Tim Hawkins version of songs...as they roasted marshmellows with Olivia, Mary, Tad...and our neighbor Jay.    It was fun hearing them...and smelling the campfire..as my pink hands made cupcakes.

Now I am off with my pink hands to wrap papa's presents!!!...











(using washi tape wrapping I saw of Pinterest...of course!)




via pinterest

Have a great weekend...and happy pinning.....







0 Things Others Said: