Monday, March 17, 2008

A Cupcake kinda day, or two or three.....Yum!


I have had several yummy days in a row. Delicious as a cupcake...and the fluffy icing sweetness, my three children.
Saturday we had four free tickets to Horton Here's a Who. So we first woke up, got my Starbucks, both the boys then got haircuts, Tad's complete with a "faux-hawk" and then off to the park. After Mary's nap, it was Movie Time! I popped four bags of popcorn, a sprite, coke and bottled water in my backpack, with a jumbo bag of peanut M&M's...Hey, since we were saving money with free tickets, I wanted to extend the glow, and save on treats too! When we got to the threatre and picked up our free tickets (a gift from my work) we found four free snack bar gift cards as well!! (Decided to save those for another day.) The movie was great! Fun, funny, clean, cute and a great moral message as well. We saw God all over it. A great family time....and just that much more fun, because it was free!
Sunday afternoon was another treat. First was a 1:1 football game between Nick, of the 49ers and Tad, of the Chargers. Mom and I sat on the sidelines with red and silver pompoms and cheered them on. I am not sure if the boys had more fun tackling each other or glances to see if their "fans" had noticed! Later we were treated the a theatrical production, skits, comedy routines, magical tricks and vantrilouquist, complete with hats, tutus, flowing leopard capes and many many laughs. It was a great time for all of us. The stuff of fond memories.
Then today, the first day of spring break....after working in the morning, Taddy and I hung out in the backyard sunshine in the afternoon. I relaxed on the hammock, (Tad brought be a pink, ruffled pillow) and he pulled a menagerie of stuffed animals around in his red wagon. He was playing school. I was the principal, my hammock the office, he the teacher, the animals the students. It just so happened one after the other kept having to come to the office for a timeout for one transgression or another. One even had to go to the infirmary for wounds encountered at recess! A fun and relaxing time. We then picked up little sister from pre-school and all of us topped off the first day of spring break with dinner at Red Robin!
A triple cupcake set of days! Thank you Lord. I love my little cupcakes!

2 Things Others Said:

Becki said...

My son has a faux-hawk" too, so glad that someone else has stepped into the trend because his explaination is "everyone has them Mommy" and while I encourage individualism, I have never seen him so into combing his hair every morning.

Becki said...

My son has a faux-hawk" too, so glad that someone else has stepped into the trend because his explaination is "everyone has them Mommy" and while I encourage individualism, I have never seen him so into combing his hair every morning.