Thursday, May 01, 2008

Not the Road less traveled, but the Road Untraveled...



I am just feeling the love tonight. The love of God, from so many directions, but I know truly from above.

Yesterday my mom sent me an email that just burrowed into the core of me. She just "gets me" sometimes andu can just say exactly what it really is. How blessed am I to have that. She pinpointed my sadness, and just wrapped her love all around it...and then ended with a prophecy that brought tears to me eyes, I wanted it to be so ....so bad. She said at the end, after sharing all the loving ways her and dad are here for me and coming along side us, and said:

"You have a wonderful life ahead of you, Sandee. ...and YES , that IS prophecy."

Just makes my heart spill over. I want that so for my family. My heartwish is love and joy and hope and all wrapped up in God, smackdabr in the middle of His will and presence.

I know the road I am traveling is not only a different one, but also an untraveled road for us. I know God is walking it before, behind, beside and around us.

My dear friend Rebecca gave me a cd by Chondra Pierce for my birthday. She is a singer, Christian comedian, speaker. I listened to her today and laughed, and cried and she spoke into my heart. Loved it. That God is with us even in our dark days or down times and to just keep on and do the next thing.

One of the mom's in the yahoo group I belong to, just got back from Ethiopia with her son and posted a little of there adjustment and feelings...and it was such a blessing. I just felt God's love all over it. What an awesome group of families, these families I know who are adopting children from Ethiopia.....What a blessing to just hear about it.

I am working on interviewing for an au pair, which is a blessing too. I am praying God will guide us to the right young lady, that we will be a blessing to her and she is us. I am looking forward to see what God will do.

My mom shared with me this great letter written by David Wilkerson, about how God hears and answers our prayers. It spoke and encouraged me...so I want to share some of it here. Enjoy reading and have a blessed day!

"Dearly Beloved,

Let me share with you some very healing thoughts about faith and love. I believe God works miracles in answer to the prayer of faith. And I believe every promise in God's Word as is. But, through much suffering and tears, I have discovered something wonderful about the way God works. What you are about to read should help renew your confidence in the Lord and set you free from the bondage of trying to figure out faith.

Here are my conclusions

If you can't give God perfect faith, give Him perfect love. "Perfect love casts out all fear." Not perfect faith, but perfect love. Perfect love is the rest God has for his people. He wants us to rest in his love, trusting that he will always come to our aid as a father to a hurting child in spite of our inadequate faith.

Stop evaluating or grading your faith. And stop trying to figure out faith. The Bible says, "Now abideth faith, hope, charity; these three; but the greatest of these is charity" (I cor 13"13)

If you are going to specialize in anything, specialize in love. The Bible says, "Faith works by love". Without love, all faith is in vain.

If God does not answer certain of our prayers, we can be sure he has some great eternal reasons for not doing so.

It boils down to this: God has all power and can do anything. Nothing is impossible to Him. He has promised to answer every prayer in Christ's name. So we must ask in full assurance of faith, expecting an answer. But should God delay that answer or choose another path for us, He must have a mighty good reason for it all. And we must believe that whatsoever God permits in our lives, it will one day all work to our good. "We know all things work together for the good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose" (Romans 8:28).

Our heavenly Father knows exactly where we are going and what we need. He will give us what is best, in proper Holy Spirit timing. "If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him." (Matthew 7:11)

God will not permit you to be overcome by your trials. You may come to what you think of as your breakingpoint. Yet, If you will not harden your heart but fall into his arms, trusting his everlasting love for you, you will survive and live to tell of his faithfulness.

God be with you.... David Wilkerson

I thought that was worth sharing, as we each are on an untraveled road, to know that God knows exactly where we are going and Jesus is with us and will provide what we need.

0 Things Others Said: