Wednesday, May 21, 2008

When I am weary...and overwrought...




"...with so many battles yet to be fought.... I think of Paul and Silas ..."

My new favorite song is by Sara Groves....When the Saints.... http://www.saragroves.com/

It is awesome. I think of the verses in Hebrews 12:1-3

1Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. 2Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart. about a cloud of witness,

Amen! Last night we finished the last session of an 11 week Bible Study, Beth Moore's Patriarchs. What a journey..and we came to hold dear these who have walked before..... And I almost came to tears when she shared this verse, ..about us sitting down at the dinner table along with Abraham, Issac and Jacob. And they are waiting on US! They are not going to start, until we ALL get there!

I want to be one of them. My children too. I have been so stressed and weary...moving our household.... and the end of school, and work and ..etc...,

weary and overwrought...

And I think of Paul and Silas, and Abraham, and Jacob, and Joseph, and Steven Curtis and Mary Beth Chapman, and their son, and other children.

All of them....

I want to be one of them....when the saints go marching in. I WILL be one of them and as much as it is up to me, I will do all possible in my power and through my prayers to make sure my children are one of them, and want to be one of them.

Nothing else matters. Nothing else matters.....




0 Things Others Said: