Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Word is...


"For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart." Hebrews 4:12

I just had parent teacher conference for my boys. They both love school and are both doing great. Anthony is really coming into his own this year, and doing so well! He is now an A student! My Tadpole!

He comes home many days sharing some new science fact, or exclaiming over a history point or the size of a mushroom on a field trip.

Twice now, in the past month, he has shared with me the wonder of God's word! He shared how he will hear a Bible story that he has heard before and is familiar with and each time he hears it, he learns something new! It was as if he was sharing "magic" with me. He then excitedly told me his new bit of information on a particular story.

Two thoughts went through my head. One is how the Word of God is alive! And each time we encounter it, it can be fresh and new and living. I pray for me and for my little ones, that they always approach God's word that way. There are treasures to be mined.

The second thought, is that it does not return void, empty, blank...without an affect on the receiver. And that these "stories" that are fascinating my Tadpole are actually God's breath of life being breathed into His soul.

Praise you Lord....bless Mrs. Eaton, who along with reading and writing and arithmetic, brings the word of God alive to her second grade students. Praise you that Tadpole has ears to hear.... Sow the seeds deep I pray and bless the planter.

"As the rain and the snow come down from heaven,
and do not return to it without watering the earth
and making it bud and flourish,
so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,
so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty,
but will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. " Isaiah 55: 10,11

0 Things Others Said: