Monday, March 30, 2009

Rain Dance..... {Motivate Me Monday}



Over at Like a Warm Cup of Coffee blogspot it is Motivate Me Monday....so there is what motivates me today:

My mom sent me an email this weekend with the subject line: Dance, Sweeties!

And the body of the email read:


Life isn't about how to survive the storm,
But how to dance in the rain.


And that does motivate me. I know so many times in my life I have been in a survive mode...maybe licking my wounds, or more often, with my eyes off of Jesus and looking at the water around me. And I forget.

But while I am forgetting, feeling wet, life is passing me by. Moments of preciousness are going unnoticed, unfelt... I realize it SO much more with young children. Blink blink and my little baby boy, is playing basketball and has stinky sneakers! How did that happen between the raindrops??!!! I love each age they are, but wow...did not want it to go by so quickly.

So I need to pull out my sponge and soak up each of those moments. This weekend was one of those soaker weekends, when I just truly danced in our life an enjoyed my children, loving my God.

I found a journal I had when I was a teenager in highschool, around 16, and one thing I wrote in it hit me. I had written (not sure if it was original, I wrote it as if it was, but who knows...I was 16!)

Life is what happens when you are sitting around waiting for life to happen.

Pretty profound for a 16 year old. I am sure it was something to do with my angst of not yet finding the love of my life an feeling like my life was on hold. (16 years old!)
So often in my life though, it seems I am waiting for something, or looking, longing aching for something. Or at other times, in the middle of something that feels like a crises or problem or something to be fixed or avoided. So if I saved my dancing for just those times when all is right, then my old dancing shoes would still be in their box!
As we are waiting for Olivia...and to hear about our court outcome, I have learned to let it go and enjoy my family of four...in this season, before we become five. We will never be just four again....so savor this too.
Grab the moments, here, there, every day. Cooking dinner, put on a cd and twirl with your daughter in your apron. Walking to the coffee bar at work, skip a step, if even in your mind, and picture your self in a gown with a Ginger Rogers step....(google her, for those of you too young to know who Ginger Rogers is...) Love those babies, hug those loved ones, plant those flowers, both physcially, emotionally, spiritually, and bring on the rain....
The splash make the dancing that much more fun!
Go check out Motivate me Monday and some of the other inspiring writers!
http://likeawarmcupofcoffee.blogspot.com/2009/03/motivate-me-monday-last-cd-giveaway.html

2 Things Others Said:

Joyfull said...

Beautiful post. May we truly treasure each moment, they do go by so quickly. Thank you for your nice comments on my blog! I have enjoyed my visit here also.

Sarah Mae said...

This is SUPER motivating! Thank you! Love the quote!