Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Take a Hard Right...


True

Noble

Right

Pure

Lovely

Admirable

Excellent

Praiseworthy

{Phil 4:8}


Some times, maybe "often" times, the right thing is not the easy thing. The true and noble, pure and lovely, admirable and excellent thing, may be the hard thing we don't want to do, in one sense but in a deeper sense, we truly DO want to do.

Yesterday I was struggling with someting. Something big. And I could not see the answer. Or, so I thought. (said?)

So, I emailed a friend about it. Bullet point by bullet point I laid out all the facts and contributing points.... Wanting her to give me insight and tell me what to do. Advice.

However, by the time I got to the end of the email, with all my bullets and points ..I already knew what I must do. The hard, right thing. (I probably knew it before I wrote the email, but that is another blog). So, eventhough it was hard, and my lets-make-sure-everybody-is-happy-at-any-cost self did not want to...I did it.

And I know it is right.

And because it is right it is the true, noble, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent and praiseworthy thing to do.

But not the easy thing.

1 Things Others Said:

Marcy Lytle said...

cool thoughts from a cool blog from a cool friend... also, thanks sandee, for all your tips you keep sending my way. when i slow down enough to breathe, i'm going to try some of them...