Friday, June 26, 2009

Lovin' it!


I am lovin' the Jennifer Rothschild Bible Study we are doing (see the previous post before this one) called Me, Myself and Lies.
She is talking about how are thoughts are like a closet....a storeroom of what we put in there.... So today we went through what kind of things we say to ourselves, what kind of things the Bible shows that a person who is not surrendering their thoughts to God are saying and then what God's thoughts are toward us.
Two verses really hit me:
Ps 10:4
In his pride the wicked does not seek Him, in all his thoughts there is no room for God.
On this first one, I saw in pride, I often think I can work things our myself. Not even that I am choosing to leave God out of it, but that I don't even think of it, unless it gets really bad and I get really hopeless. I spend more time and energy on trying to figure it out myself... and in doing this I am sinning, (wicked), when I try to work outside of God's influence. Self-reliant.
I want to seek God out in all the areas I am concerned with or in charge of. Seek His counsel, help.
The second verse, Prov 16:3
Commit to the Lord whatever you do and your plans will succeed. If I open myself to God in all that is on my plate...he will direct and cause success. His success may be different than my perception of success, but that is ok. He knows best.
I will commit my endeavors to God and rely on His word.

0 Things Others Said: