Thursday, July 02, 2009

Labels....



In previous posts, I shared that I was joining in with some other "siestas" and doing a summer Bible Study, Me, Myself and Lies.

I just started my second week of homework and today's homework was all about LABELS.

The labels we put on ourselves, the labels we have heard from others, and then the truth of God.

The study shared the three step method to replace our labels with God's truth. First, when you recognize a negative label in your thoughts or words (or someone else's words), crush it.

(2 Corthianas10:4-5 The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish (crush it) strongholds. We demolish arguements (speculations) and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.)

Ask yourself, does this label fall in line with what God says of you? If not, then crush it, capture it....... and then concur with God's word. What does HE say of you...

It remineded me of Beth Moore's Believing God Bible study and the third principle "I am who God says I am". In that study we find out from Eph 1: 3-8, that I am loved, blessed, adopted, accepted, redeemed and forgiven!

Me, Myself and Lies had some good bible references to counteract the labels and lies we tell ourselves and play over, that others tell us in our thoughts....

So think of some of those labels you tell your self, then find some of these verses that will help you crush the lie, capture the thought and make it obedient to what Christ thinks of you by concuring with His word.

  • I am a new creation (2 Cor 5:17)
  • I am forgiven (Eph 1:7-8)
  • I am gifted with power, love and a sound mind (2 Tim 1:7)
  • I am chosen to be fruitful (John 15:16)
  • I am complete (Col 2:9-10)
  • I am secure (Rom 8:31-39)
  • I am confident (Phil 1:6)
  • I am free (Rom 6:18, 8:1)
  • I am capable (Phil 4:13)
  • I am spiritually alvie (Eph 2:5)
  • I am God's workmanship (Eph 2:10)
  • I am welcome in God's presence (Eph 2:18, Heb 4:14-16)
  • I am sheltered and protected in God (Col 3:3)
  • I am valuable to God (I Cor 6:20)
  • I am a member of God's family (I John 3:1-2, Eph 2:19)
  • I am God's treasure (1 Pet 2:9-10)
  • I am dearly loved (Col 3:12)
  • I am beling transformed (2 Cor 3:18)
  • I am an heir of God (Rom 8:17)
  • I am a friend of God (John 15:15)
  • I am God's delight (Zeph 3:17)
  • I am welcomed to draw near to God (Eph 3:12)

"Your Father, God, want to be the Label Maker for your life." Rothschild*

* Jennifer Rothschild, Me, Myself and Lies (Workbook) p. 37

0 Things Others Said: