Monday, October 26, 2009

Knitting in the Park.....

{and a little crocheting too}

After church yesterday, my friend Kristy asked if I would like to meet them at the park. She was taking her 3 boys to a park near our house, and it was such a gorgeous fall day...I jumped at the chance. After packing a lunch and grabbing my "yarn bag", we headed off.

Two mini-vans parked in a row...six kids spilling out to conquor dragons and turkey sandwiches.

I sat down on a bench, in shade by Kristy. She had her knitting in hand, hat number 6 out of 20 and with a smile of fondness for the look and feel of yarn, I pulled out my crocheting, (working on a cute zombie amigurumi from Nelly Pailloux's Crobots book). We talked about projects, looked at patterns in a couple books I brought and
enjoyed the fall day, kniitng in the park.



Our wild gang would stop by from time to time to refuel or plea for mediation in a disagreement, and ask for a push on the swing.

I think knitting in the park, is such a grande idea....we MUST do it again...and again.

On that note, here is a little purse I crocheted this weekend. I sewed ribbon on the backside of the shoulder strap, so it would not stretched, added a few buttons, and on Kristy's suggestion, lined the inside.







Now who should be the recipient of my little purse? I made the shoulder strap shorter than I wanted, but I think it is just the right size for a little girl! :) One I know with long dark hair and beautiful almond eyes....maybe a stocking stuffer.















































And Kristy send me a link to the cutest bowl and acorns....I may have to make these for our Thanksgiving table this year. You can check out the free patterns here for the bowl and here for the acorns.








Happy "Yarning" as my Mary calls it. {FYI, I have tons of cool knitting and crocheting sites linked on the right side of this blog. Scroll down to the section called "Yarn in my pocket"....}



2 Things Others Said:

Renee said...

I love those cute little acorns! I stink at crochet. Funny thing is, I learned to crochet before I learned to knit.

Rose said...

I have no idea how to crochet, but I love those acorns!